Awards are like sex:
- They are almost always a pleasant surprise
- You aren't really sure where it's going to come from (or is that just me?)
- They are as much fun to give, as they are to recieve
- When it's all over, you are exhausted, but completely satisfied
- Your good mood as a result, may last for hours or days
- The more you get, the better you feel
- You never forget your first
- You always want more (or is that just me again?)
In short, getting an award is...good :) Speaking of awards, I did get one recently from CS. She is an exemplary blogger, for whom I have the utmost respect. She is wise and exhibits very good judgement in all facets of her life, as far as I can tell, but she trips up occasionally and hands out awards willy-nilly, with little regard for talent or style. Although, most of her chosen recipients are very deserving, I am mystified, once again.
I humbly accept this award and would like to pass it on to a few far more deserving candidates than myself.
Theweyrd1 over at Keen Observer of the Human Condition has started blogging recently. I like to think I had a hand in her decision to take up the habit, and she has taken it to an amazing level in an astoundingly short period of time.
Boo7 over at Mundane Musings for going above and beyond the expected duties of a blogger with her warm and supportive comments and emails.
Heartinsanfrancisco from Guilty With An Explanation for her amazing ability to see and expose the truths in life that remain hidden to the less observant, and for bringing so much joy to my blogging experience by totally "getting me".
All three of these women make the web, and the world, a better place because they are in it!