Expectations are funny things. When you have them, you can, and will be disappointed. If you can avoid them, everything good feels more like a gift. This is the approach I like to take, although I'm not always successful.
I can't help feeling like this year will be an important year in my future, but I do so knowing that I am the catalyst for whatever changes occur. I must open the door to the new, and open it often. I have to allow the flow of positive energy by pushing the negative aside to let it in. I need to give good things the opportunity to happen. With this in mind, I know I have to make some changes in the way I live. Recognizing the need for change is not the same as changing.
Here are some of the changes I plan to make.
1. I will make at least 2 new friends this year.
2. I will put myself out there more socially, even if I have to go do things alone.
3. I will join 2 new group activities.
4. I will smile and say hello to more people.
5. I will not fail to ask someone I am interested in, out for coffee or a drink.
If you have any helpful suggestions I can add to my list, please let me know.
This post seems too serious. I should say something funny like "canned pork" which Dorky Dad assures me is very funny.